Medieval London

St. Bride's Church location on c. 1520 Map

Dublin Core

Title

St. Bride's Church location on c. 1520 Map

Subject

St. Bride's Church

Description

This 1520 map shows the location of St. Bride's Church on the North Bank of the Thames River, just off the edge of the Fleet River. The church is circled in red. The church was a gathering place not only for the parish members to worship, but also for political and government gatherings, such as the Curia Regis, the main court of the realm.

Creator

Map edited by Lauren Lopez

Publisher

Caroline Barron, London in the Later Middle Ages: Government and People 1200-1500 (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2004); originally published by the Historic Towns Trust in Mary D. Lobel and W.H. Johns, eds., The City of London from Prehistoric Times to c. 1520, Volume III (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1989).

Date

1520

Contributor

Lauren Lopez

Rights

Caroline Barron, London in the Later Middle Ages: Government and People 1200-1500 (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2004); originally published by the Historic Towns Trust in Mary D. Lobel and W.H. Johns, eds., The City of London from Prehistoric Times to c. 1520, Volume III (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1989).

Type

Still Image

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Map

Files

St. Bride's Medieval London 1520.jpg

Collection

Citation

Map edited by Lauren Lopez, “St. Bride's Church location on c. 1520 Map,” Medieval London, accessed July 23, 2024, https://medievallondon.ace.fordham.edu/items/show/142.

Output Formats

# Google Analytics Portion 06-02-2016