Medieval London

Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: map c. 1270

The Greyfriars Christ Church on London map c. 1270
The Greyfriars Christ Church is located opposite St. Paul's Cathedral, on Newgate Street. It is also called the Christ Church on Newgate Street Parish.

mp.jpg
On this map of the east side of medieval London in 1270, St Helen’s Bishopsgate is located between Cornhulle and the City Wall.

Map St. Bartholomew.jpg
St. Bartholomew the Great Church is located in West Smithfield (located on the left top-hand side of the map). It is marked with a red circle.

london_1270_west_half-page-001.jpg
This map depicts the west half of London in 1270. The River Fleet can be seen running west of the city wall until it eventually meets the Thames. Fleet Bridge, Fleet Prison, and Fleet Street are also depicted on the map.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2

# Google Analytics Portion 06-02-2016