Medieval London

Browse Items (5 total)

A layout of the original Ludgate Blackfriars, before the dissolution in 1538.

The Restored Ludgate Blackfriars Friary, built in 1672

This image displays a labeled map of the Ludgate Blackfriars, along with several other surrounding establishments.

This is a full map which illustrates London in 1270. The red circle highlights the area in which the iron anchor, from the Museum of London was excavated, at the River Thames near Blackfriars.

This particular anchor was found from the River Thames, at Blackfriars. It was made sometime between the 9th and 11th century. It is dark gray in color, has a broken shank, a crown in which is fitted and pierced with a loose ring, and pointed…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2

# Google Analytics Portion 06-02-2016